Recovery
10th Sept 2018 - a year since I was diagnosed with breast cancer. What a year it’s been! 
The treatment has finally come to an end after 9 tough months and I can’t believe it!! I am overwhelmed with various emotions.  It feels surreal!! My body has been poked, prodded and scarred! I even got free tattoos thanks to radiation!! Every scar tells a story – I have braved the storm!
I am now on the road to recovery.  Rebirth. 
A new body, one that is getting healthier and stronger. New skin that is glowing with happiness and relief! I’m saying good bye to the dry and damaged skin. New hair on my head, new eyebrows, new eyelashes – which makes me feel like a new born!!  
I’ve come to love and respect my body and to maintain a healthy lifestyle no matter how tough it is to do that. A new chapter in my life has begun – this one’s going to be awesome!  A healthier, happier, fulfilling and empowering new chapter filled with fresh dreams and goals. There’s a fresh enthusiasm for life.
Its been a journey where you learn something new about yourself every day. The one thing that stands out is the desire to help - help those going through a similar battle by sharing my story. Through my battle I have learnt to value my life much more than I ever have and I would like to help others who are fighting their own Aliens to love and respect their lives no matter how rough it gets. A huge part of this new-found desire has come from my support group and the wonderful women who are fighting their own battles, bravely looking into the eyes of their Alien and saying that I will defeat you. Being a part of the Pink Ladies, it has been a privilege to meet so many warrior women who inspired me to keep fighting and win this battle and be a warrior myself. I know I am not alone. 
I now have a heart filled with gratitude to be alive and to have love in abundance!! 
Cancer lost the battle against ME. It originally planned to make me weaker, but I only got stronger. I thank the Alien for helping find the fighter in me. Courage was the little voice in my head that said to me every day – I’ll fight again tomorrow and win this like a warrior!!

Comments

  1. More Power to you Sapu - You are a winner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring! I have been going through my own trials as well over the last year - nothing as difficult as yours, but trials nonetheless - and so I understand and can appreciate your feeling of 'rebirth'. God bless you and may you fly high in the sky!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey